Kitchen remodeling was one of the most desired home projects in 2017 and it’s a good way to increase the value of your home. But, you want to make sure that you are setting yourself up for success before ripping out your floors and tearing down your kitchen cabinets. Remember these do’s and don’ts to achieve the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted the right way:
- Research to make sure you are hiring the right contractor. Browse reviews online, reach out to others for recommendations, and don’t settle just because one contractor has the lowest bid.
- Determine your kitchen must-haves—are you hoping to have an energy efficient kitchen? Have a specific finish or countertop material? Do you want to have appliances with the latest technology?
- Figure out what the most sensible floor plan would be for your kitchen space. Keep it functional and efficient with plenty of storage and countertop space that fits your needs and the needs of your house. What function do you want this space to serve? How do you spend most of your time in the kitchen? Cooking? Entertaining? Spending time with your family?
- Keep all your receipts. File all your receipts in a safe place to present when filing your taxes or to use if you plan to sell your home in the future.
- Focus solely on the aesthetic of your new kitchen—shiny countertops or a perfect color palette aren’t the most important things about your new kitchen. Ensure the quality of your cabinets, countertops and replacement windows is high to keep your kitchen running efficiently for many years.
- Forget your budget! Remain on budget by prioritizing based on your needs and what features are highest on your list. We advise budgeting at least 10 percent more than what you believe you’ll need so you can cover unforeseen costs during the remodeling process.
- Forget to consider windows! Pella Windows and Doors has a range of excellent kitchen window styles that can bring together an entire kitchen remodel.
One of the most important parts of a kitchen remodeling project is the windows—they let light into your space, set the tone for the room and deliver you a gateway to the outdoors, which really feels nice when there’s a cool breeze on a summer day. If you are considering replacement windows as a part of your kitchen remodel, give our team at Pella Windows and Doors a call at 302-257-5544, visit our Lewes showroom or arrange an in-home consultation with us online so we can help you select the right replacement windows for your kitchen needs.