Winter weather is just around the corner in Lewes and when the temperature lowers, the utility bills can often get higher. There are several things that you can do to get ready for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can help with your home comfort this winter, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
What is so noteworthy about storm door installation? While storm doors are beneficial regardless of the season, here are some of the benefits that storm doors provide during Lewes winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an extra layer between the outdoors and the comfort of your home. Their glass covering option reduces energy loss and can help save you some money on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors offer an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also adds another barrier for burglars or other unwelcome guests.
Storm door installation is a great way to prep your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are a few other ways to save some money throughout your home as the colder weather looms:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping isn’t secure, cold air can sneak in and impact your home comfort. If you have issues when reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your home’s doors and windows, give our Pella MidAtlantic experts a call and we will gladly help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can gather in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Find a dry paintbrush and clear these areas to create a tighter seal and improve the performance of your doors and windows.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, for example deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could allow cold air to sneak into your home. Chat with a professional to repair these issues before cold weather arrives in Lewes.
If you have any concerns or questions about getting your home ready for winter, or about storm door installation this winter, give the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Lewes a call at 757-294-8091 or visit our showroom to talk face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the changing weather.