Winters in Lewes come with a lot of weather changes: colder temperatures, wetter environments and overcast skies. One of the best ways to warm up the look of your home throughout this sometimes dreary time of year is by adding a wooden replacement door. The detailed wood doors from Pella Windows and Doors are made to complement your home and add warmth to your entryway. Each KC Pella collection provides a different style for your Lewes home:
- Traditional: The Traditional Collection features unique glass designs and detailed wood panels for an everlasting look.
- Craftsman: The Craftsman Collection highlights simple, symmetrical detailing with a steadfast make.
- Classic: The Classic Collection adds elegance and charm to the home with a historic feel, decorative designs, beveled glass and true divided-light grilles.
- Old World European: The Old World European Collection takes guests back in time when they come to your home. Textured glass and decorative iron accents add grandeur and character to your entryway.
Now that understand the types of wooden doors available to you from Pella Windows and Doors, how do know if a wooden door is right for your space? There are several advantages to wood replacement doors besides their style and warmth. Here are additional factors you should discuss:
- Because the doors are made of wood, they are easier to customize. Door panels, molding and any other special features can easily be crafted into wood to make your front door matchless. You can also emphasize your wood’s natural grain with stain.
- Depending on the environment, wood replacement doors and windows can be a long-lasting, durable product. Wood doors commonly require an overhang, so you will want to take that into consideration for your replacement project. That means that wood doors could help increase your home’s energy efficiency, and even decrease noise from the outdoors.
- Because wood is a natural material that can be shaped in different ways, wooden doors can be custom made to fit almost any size of doorway. And it isn’t difficult to insert glass windows or pieces into a custom door for added light.
- According to Consumer Reports, wood is one of the ideal door materials for resisting wear and tear. Wood doors are less likely to dent and scratch and are less of a hassle to repair. However, to keep the wood doors looking their best, they require regular painting or varnishing on a frequent basis.
The entryway is the central point of any home. If you are seeking an inviting upgrade this winter, or just want to try out a more unique look for your house, talk to our Pella Windows and Doors experts about wood replacement doors. Stop by our Lewes showroom or arrange an appointment with us online.